Tips for Sleeping Better
Sleep can effect all aspects of our lives. A bad night of sleep can make success even harder for us to achieve. Our bodies need a certain degree of rest both mentally and physically. In order to be your best follow these ten sleeping tips for a great night of sleep.
- Try to maintain a normal schedule. Going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday allows your body to set up a natural rhythm. That rhythm will tell your body when to fall asleep and wake allowing you to fall asleep more quickly and awake less suddenly.
- Getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom is not going to help your sleep. Try not to consume any food or water right before bedtime. The less your body has to process while you sleep the more it can work on recharging.
- Stimulants can affect your sleep more than you may realize. Nicotine, alcohol and caffeine can all work against your bodies' natural sleep functions. Though alcohol is not a stimulant is does negatively affect your sleep. All three of these should be avoided at least eight hours before sleep.
- Reducing the stores of energy in your body can help you to get more recuperative sleep. Regular exercise can help your body reduce that amount of stored energy and contribute to better nights of sleep.
- Light is the enemy during sleep. Try to reduce the amount of light in your bedroom in order to allow your body to follow its natural sleep cycle. Our bodies are programmed to sleep at night time when it is dark. Too much light can confuse the body and mind keeping you from sleeping soundly.
- Though an afternoon nap can feel wonderful attempt to keep afternoon naps to a minimum. Thirty minute naps can make you feel energized, but anything longer than that will affect your sleep at night. Plus keeping naps shorter does not disrupt your natural cycle of sleeping at night and being awake during the day.
- Only lie in bed when you are tired and ready for sleep. If you are awake get up and do some other activity until you are ready for sleep. Designate your bed and bedroom as a place for sleep and sleep only.
- Make sure your bed is the right size. Sleeping in a confined space can negatively affect your sleep. Make sure the bed is large enough for you or you and your partner.
- Use sleeping pills only when absolutely necessary. Sleeping pills do not allow your body to go through its natural sleep cycle. If you are having problems sleeping for an extended period of time consult your doctor.
- Buy a luxury mattress and bespoke pillows. With 16 different styles, each offered in four firmness levels, Chicago Luxury Beds sleep consultants can find the perfect feel for you. We strive to provide our customers with the best, all natural, handmade beds to promote their healthy sleep.