Tips for Great Sleep
Sleep can effect all aspects of our lives. A bad night of sleep can make success even harder for us to achieve. Our bodies need a certain degree of rest both mentally and physically. In order to be your best follow these ten sleeping tips for a great night of sleep.
- Maintain a sleep schedule. Going to bed and waking up at the same time everyday allows your body to set a natural rhythm. That rhythm will tell your body when to sleep and wake, allowing you to fall asleep more quickly and awake less suddenly.
- Try not to consume food or water before bedtime. The less your body has to process while you sleep the more it can recharge.
- Nicotine, alcohol and caffeine can work against your body's natural sleep functions. Even though alcohol is not a stimulant is does negatively affect your sleep. All three of these should be avoided at least five hours before sleep.
- Regular exercise can help your body reduce excess stored energy and contribute to better nights of sleep.
- Our bodies are programmed to sleep at night time when it is dark. Too much light can confuse the body, keeping you from sleeping soundly. Reducing the amount of light in your bedroom will allow your body to follow its natural sleep cycle.
- Though an afternoon nap can feel wonderful, attempt to keep them to a minimum. Thirty minute naps can make you feel energized, but anything longer than that will affect your sleep at night.
- Make sure your bed is the right size for you or you and your partner, as sleeping in a confined space can negatively affect your sleep.
- Designate your bed and bedroom as a place for sleep and sleep only.
- Minimize sleeping pills use, as sleeping pills do not allow your body to go through its natural sleep cycle. If you are having problems sleeping for an extended period of time consult your doctor.
- Buy a luxury mattress and bespoke pillows. With 16 different styles, each offered in four firmness levels, Chicago Luxury Beds sleep consultants can find the perfect feel for you. We strive to provide our customers with the best, all natural, handmade beds to promote their healthy sleep.